Introduction of WD My Cloud Mirror (Gen 2):
1. All your photos, videos and files are centralized on one drive and automatically duplicated onto the second drive for twice the data protection.
2. WD Sync automatically synchronizes content across all your computers and your My Cloud Mirror unit, so your important files are always up to date and accessible from all your devices.
3. Automatically back up all the photos and videos captured so you can easily free up space and never miss a shot.
4. Automatically back up all the PC and Mac computers in your home to your My Cloud Mirror device.
5. Create one simple place for you, friends and family to collect and share memorable photos so nobody misses a thing.
How to Put Blu-ray to My Cloud Mirror (Gen 2) for playing on TV?
Although My Cloud Mirror (Gen 2) is a powerful storage, it can not support Blu-ray videos due to lack of Blu-ray drive. So to achieve this goal, an easy-to-use Blu-ray Converter is timportant for you to rip Blu-ray to your final TV compatible format. (My Cloud Mirror supports all the formats that supported by TV.) Here Pavtube BDMagic is such a wise choice for you.
1. Rip all kinds of Blu-rays/DVD discs with copy protection, Disney code, Sony code, region code etc. to any other formats you want.
2. Easily create an optimized file from this toolbox for mainstream TV: Sony TV, Samsung TV, LG TV etc.
3. Customize output files with provided practical video editing features, including: trim video length, crop video size, split large video into segments, add watermarks, adjust video effect.
4. Optionally set video display ratio, bitrate, frame rate and other settings to obtain the best video and audio playback on your devices.
5. Supported OS: Windows 2003/XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 8.1/Windows 10
If you are a Mac user, please turn to Pavtube BDMagic for Mac. This program has updated to support Mac OS X El Capitan, Yosemite 10.10/10.9 and Mavericks 10.9.
Free download and install:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-ripper/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-BDMagic/3000-7970_4-75922877.html
Steps to rip Blu-ray to TV accepted format
Step 1. Load Blu-ray disc
Insert your Blu-ray disc into an external Blu-ray drive, run the program on your computer, on the main interface click "File" > "Load from disc" to import the Blu-ray disc to the program.
Step 2: Set output format
1. You can choose the optimized format for Samsung/LG/Sony/Panasonic TV in the “Format” bar drop-down list.
2.If you can not find the optimized format for your TV, you can choose “Common Video” > “H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)” as output file format. Or if your TV supported H.265/HEVC codec, you can also choose “H.265 HD Video” in “HD Video”.
Tips: Even though My Cloud Mirror has large storage space, if you have too large local movie collection that you want to put into it, you maybe need to compress the video size for storing more local movies on WD My Cloud Mirror.
Go to “Settings” on the main interface and lower the bitrate. Comparing with “Size” spec, bitrate is the main reason to affect the video size. You can preview the size at the below chart.
Notice: Bitrate also influences video quality. So don’t ignore video quality while pursuing the smaller size.
Step 3: Start to convert
After all the settings is completed, hit right-bottom “Convert” button to start to compress large local movie collection to Cloud Mirror (Gen 2). Then you can locate the video in output folder.
Now, feel free to transfer your converted videos to Cloud Mirror (Gen 2) for watching on Samsung/LG/Sony/Panasonic TV
DVDAid for Windows/Mac – Capacity of ripping copy-protected and homemade DVD to iPhone 6S, iPad, Surface Pro,Synology NAS, Seagate Wireless Plus, etc with suitable format.
ByteCopy for Windows/Mac – It can rip Blu-ray/DVD to lossless MKV keeping multi-track subtile/audio and all chapter markers.
- How to Backup Blu-ray to External HDD for watching in Recreational Vehicle?
- How to Rip and Backup DVDs to Synology NAS in MP4?
- How to Rip Blu-ray Movies to USB 3.0 External HDD
- Transfer and Play Blu-ray Movies on Samsung 9000 Series 4K TV
- Backup Blu-ray (Especially in 3D) to Hard Disk and Connect to Network for Watching on TV